In 1947, Tanneries Pechdo SARL is legally settled around Joseph Pechdo and its sons. Claude Pechdo, the engineer, understanding how the leather market would evolve, decides to start producing cowbelly leathers for the glove industry. After his father died in 1966, he runs the company with the vision to add innovative technical added-values to the renowned cowbelly suppleness. The Nepskin (water resistance), HTT (heat resistance), Ecocuir (no chrome) processes are then discovered and are still today Tanneries Pechdo signature.
A devastating fire in the tannery Rajol in January 1977 will be an accelerator to move to a bigger place, well adapted to new production techniques and environmental constraints, on the banks of the Tarn, where Tannery Pechdo is still located today and has been developing over time on 10 000m² incl 5 000m² indoor.